Often times, surgery or some procedures will need to be done to correct some health conditions that you may have.
You would need to be as informed as possible about all the risks and benefits, after all, this procedure will be performed on you.
Here is a list of what you need to know:
- The name of the procedure to be done
- Why you are having this procedure
- What is expected from the procedure
- The risks of this procedure
- The benefits of the procedure
- Some of the possible side effects of the procedure
- When this procedure will be done
- Who will do this procedure
- Are they qualified to do this procedure
- If you decide not to have the procedure, what will happen to you
- Can something else be done in its place?
- Who can I call after the procedure if I have any complaints
- How much will this procedure cost me? (Assuming you are paying for it yourself)
- How long would it take to recover from this procedure?
- have you done any similar cases
Armed with these questions you should feel confident about the procedure you are about to have.
Take your health in your hands
Share this article with someone else.